Teaching and Learning Center
The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) is a new resource on campus dedicated to helping faculty and staff improve student learning. The TLC supports the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Its focus is on improving practices related to “developmental” education. Some of the methods the TLC employs to accomplish this task include facilitating the sharing of best practices, connecting faculty with resources and experts, and supporting the interconnectedness of existing programs such as Developmental Education and learning communities. Some of the exciting opportunities the Teaching and Learning Center offers to support faculty scholarship of teaching and learning include:
- Peer-to-peer consultation, faculty mentorng
- Collaborative dialogue/structured sharing of best practices
- Digital resources (podcasts, web links, electronic chat forums)
- Collaborative projects between faculty and other entities on campus
- Faculty Inquiry Groups (FIGs)
Links to Related Resources at Mt. SAC
- Professional and Organizational Development - (POD) is your "Passport to Success," providing you with opportunities to help you reach your personal and professional destinations. POD is your hub for online teaching certification, management training, and professional development. You'll also discover personal growth opportunities and leadership training to help you create new career destinations.
- Faculty Center for Learning Technology - The FCLT is an online resource for faculty who want or need assistance developing online material for classroom use. If your class is fully online or a hybrid (both online and classroom instruction) or if you just need help with a class web page, the OLSC staff will assist you.
- Learning Communities