University Transfer Programs

Since most professional flying careers require a four-year degree, many of our students transfer to universities after receiving their A.S. degree. Although you can transfer without completing all of the A.S. degree requirements, your future job potential will benefit from the A.S. degree. In some instances (such as the MSAC-SIU Connection), the A.S. degree provides advanced standing and fewer general education courses. The Mt SAC A.S. Aeronautics degree is well recognized throughout the nation.
Although the four-year degree is the desired credential for employment as a professional pilot, aviation employers do not specifically require that the degree be in aviation. Many of our students choose to major in a business management program or a technical field as a backup to their aviation career plans. Your selection of a four-year degree program (whether in aviation or another field) should be determined by individual considerations.
Some of the popular four-year programs in aviation that attract our students include:
  • Southern Illinois University (Extension at Mt SAC, Aviation Management)
  • Cal State University, Los Angeles (Articulation Agreement, Aviation Administration)
  • Embry-Riddle University Extension, Long Beach CA (Articulation Agreement)
  • Embry-Riddle University (Prescott, AZ)
  • San Jose State University
  • San Diego Christian College
  • University Of North Dakota
  • Arizona State University
Students planning to enter such aviation programs should consult our Counseling Office in the Student Center early in their studies to assure that appropriate courses are taken in the proper sequence. Helen Lawrence is the aviation counselor for transfer matters, but all counselors are well qualified to help you.