Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
is a five step process that measures what a
student knows, thinks, feels or does (outcomes)
as given in the Student
Learning Outcomes Assessment Model (see diagram):
Assessment of Administrative Unit Objectives
(AUOs) is a 5 step process that measures what
clients experience, receive, or understand as
a result of a service as given in the AUOs
assessment model (see diagram):
- Addressing the Mission and Goals
- Determining Outcomes and Objectives
- Identifying Means of Assessment and Criteria
- Summarizing of Data Collected
- Using of Results
- Assessment is an integral part of learning.
- Assessment embraces both external and self-evaluation.
- Assessment is based on expert judgment of
explicit criteria or standards which are
observable and/or measurable.
- Assessment can adapt to specific area needs.
- Assessment occurs in multiple modes and
- Assessment involves the examination of processes
as well as products.
- Assessment informs the campus community
so as to improve learning, planning and