Welcome to the Mt. San Antonio College
For your convenience in using the library, we offer the
- Borrower Confidentiality
- Under California law,
California Government Code Section 6267, and in accordance with the Code of Ethics
of the American Library Association, library patron records and circulation records are confidential. The Library will not disclose any information
concerning user library registration or circulation activity to non-library staff, except under legal directive, such as subpoena, court order, or required
compliance with a USA Patriot Act information request.
- Borrowing Privileges
- Your Mt. San Antonio College Student ID (identification) is your library card and is REQUIRED
for checking out circulating materials, reserve materials, media materials, and group study rooms. Only currently registered students
will be given Library check-out privileges. Notify the Library immediately if your Student ID card is lost,
stolen, or if you change your address.
TEXTBOOKS AND MATERIALS:
- Instructors may place materials on reserve for student use. These items are kept at the
Check-Out/Reserves desk in the Library. They may be checked out for two-hour use within the Library.
Reserve items do not leave the Library. Students must present a Mt. San Antonio College Student
ID card to check out Reserve items. Reserve items must be returned to the Check-Out/Reserves desk.
MATERIALS (Books that leave the Library):
- Circulating books check out for 21 days and circulating DVDs check out for 7 days.
Borrowers may check out a maximum of ten (10) items. The Library does not purchase current semester
textbooks to place in the circulating collection.
study rooms check out for two (2) hours. Group study rooms
are for the use of two (2) or more persons. Group study rooms
will not be checked out for use by an individual.
- Circulating books that are not late and do not have a computer hold placed on them may
be renewed one time for an additional 21 days and circulating DVDs for an additional 7 days. Items must be renewed online.
Instructions on how to renew an item online are located on flyers found in the Library.
Phone renewals will not be accepted.
study rooms may be renewed one time only for an additional
two (2) hours. During peak times, study rooms will be renewed
at the discretion of the Library Staff.
- You may place a hold on any circulating item that is currently checked out. The item which has a
hold placed on it cannot be renewed. When the item is returned, you will be sent an email to notify you that the book is available.
The item will be kept at the Check-Out/Reserves desk, with your name in it, for seven (7) days. At the end of the seven (7) days,
the item will be re-shelved. Instructions for placing an item on hold are located on the Library web page at:
and on flyers found in the Library.
- Library materials should be returned to one of the two Library book drops. One book drop is located OUTSIDE the
Library on the wall next to the entrance doors. A drive-up book drop is located behind the Information Kiosk near the main college entrance
off Grand Avenue. Materials may be placed in these book drops 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. These book drops are OPEN
during weekends, all semester breaks, and on holidays.
Further information may be obtained by calling the Library Check-Out/Reserves desk at (909) 274-4260 or go to <
a href="http://library.mtsac.edu">http://library.mtsac.edu. If you have a research question, call the Information Desk (909) 274-4289
to speak to a librarian.
- Do not lend your card to anyone else. You are responsible
for any materials checked out with your card.
- Return your books on time, others may be waiting for them!
- REMEMBER: BOOK DROPS ARE OPEN 24-HOURS A DAY, SEVEN (7)
DAYS A WEEK, INCLUDING SEMESTER BREAKS AND HOLIDAYS.
- Collection Development (pdf)
- Computer Use
- Mutual Lending Agreement - Cal Poly Pomona University Library & Mt. San Antonio College Library (pdf)
- Overdue, Assumed Lost, and Damaged Library Materials (pdf)