EDC Minutes for January 25, 2000, 9D-5, 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
/ Comments / Outcome
- Michelle Grimes Hillman reviewed online course, PSYC 5, Psychology of Reasoning
and Problem Solving.
Course was approved.
- The Distance Learning Committee has been renamed to the Educational Delivery
Committee. The committee will revise its mission and vision statements to reflect
the changes. A listserv has been created for the committee, and its web page may be
found at: vclass.mtsac.edu/edc.
- A draft of the report form was distributed, and members were asked to give input
regarding the form.
- The new meeting time for Spring Semester will be the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each
month, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. in 9D-5. Bob Farris and Tom McFarland will not be
able to attend meetings but will receive postings via the listserv. Melanie
Diederichs has resigned from the committee.
- Dick Ryerson announced that Microsoft is sponsoring a mentoring program. Dick has
submitted the names of Terri Beam and Barbara Mezaki, and Microsoft will decide who
will be the mentor. The obligation of the mentor will be to teach Microsoft Office
2000 products to twenty students.
- Dick also announced that 50 Mt. SAC staff will be sent to Tech Ed, March 5-9.
Kerry will let Dick know which EDC members will attend.
- Mt. SAC will be the hosting site for the Regional Consortium Retreat on March 3.
The theme will be Technology in the Classroom. Four schools will be presenters, and
Dick asked the EDC to conduct a presentation on the nuts and bolts of online
- Two free one-day workshops using TopClass or Web CT will be held at Orange Coast
College on February 4 and 11.