EDC Minutes for February 24, 2000, 9D-5, 11:00 – 12:30 p.m.
Comments / Outcome
- Chuck Sorcabal reviewed online course, Calculus for Business, MATH
140. He received a $20,000 Chancellor’s Grant to develop this course as a
multi-media class with teleconferencing, net meetings, whiteboard interaction, and
Course was approved.
The course may be viewed at http://home.socal.rr.com/csorcabal.
- In a separate meeting on February 23 - Tom McFarland reviewed
online courses, Financial Planning, BUSA 71, and Principles of Exporting and
Importing, BUSM 52;
Tim Revell reviewed online course, General Biology, BIOL 1.
Courses were approved.
- As several committee members will be attending Tech Ed in Palm
Springs, the EDC meeting on March 9 will be canceled.
- Due to a time conflict with Academic Senate, the EDC will change
its April 13 meeting to April 6.
- Terri Beam has three issues posted to the discussion forum. Kerry
Stern asked the EDC to read and post comments as soon as possible.
- Kerry and Bruce Williams met with Negotiating Team.
- Terri and Vic Zamora, as well as faculty from other areas, will be
presenters Friday, March 3, at the Community College Conference -The Regional
Consortium on College and Teaching - High Tech Instruction.