EDC Minutes for January 18, 2000, 9D-5, 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
Comments / Outcome
- During Spring Semester, DLC meetings will be held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of
the month, 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., 9D-5.
- Melanie Diederichs is resigning from the committee, and Bob Farris will not be
able to attend meetings due to a class conflict but plans to remain on the
- Kerry Stern stated that enrollment is great in all classes except two, and voice
mail has had a smooth start this semester.
- Rita Burleigh explained background regarding the restructuring and realignment of
- Distance Learning Committee will be renamed as the Educational Delivery Committee
with the committee membership remaining the same. This committee will now be the
Shared Governance group that will collect data annually for the following groups:
- Weekend Business College
- Study Abroad
- Work Experience
- Service Learning
- After School College
- Summer Bridge
- Freshman Experience
- 2 + 2
- Supplemental Instruction
- In lieu of Program Review, these groups will complete a short form which will be
created by the new Education Delivery Committee and include such items as contact
person, number of sections and students, retention and success rates, how much is
spent on the program. After evaluation through a summary format, the report will be
sent to PRC and AMAC. A letter will be sent by Rita and this committee to the above
mentioned groups to advise of this new process. The timeline for this process will
follow the PRC timeline.
- A Distance Learning report will be made at the Board meeting on January 26, 2000.
Ralph Jagodka will share his experience about teaching online, and a Distance
Learning student will talk about taking online courses. Kerry, Terri Beam, and Bruce
Williams will attend the meeting. All committee members are invited to attend.
- Two free one-day workshops using TopClass or Web CT will be held at Orange Coast
College on February 4 and 11.