EDC Minutes for December 14, 2000, 9D-5, 11:00 – 12:30 p.m.
Comments / Outcome
|CVC2 Meeting at Rio Hondo
||Terri Beam and Dwight Ayle attended the California
Virtual Campus Regional II Center Advisory meeting on November 30, 2000 ( http://www.cvc2.org )
- Eighty-three workshops will be offered during the upcoming year, and it was
suggested that a designated person attend some of the workshops. ? A college may
have one license for one hosting service at a time, either WebCT 4.0 or Blackboard.
- Software for Coursemetrics, an online course evaluation, is being tested by Rio
Hondo. The Merlot Project, a statewide project for faculty to learn about teaching
with online delivery, may be viewed at http://www.merlot.org
- Kerry Stern and Christine Tunstall will check out participating in Reciprocal
- The 2nd Annual CVC2 meeting will be held April 19-20, 2001 at Napa.
|League for Innovation in the
||Terri Beam and Vic Zamora attended the League for
Innovation in the Community College Conference on Information Technology held November
15-18, 2000 in Anaheim. Presentations that were observed were:
- Growth of Online Learning
- Retention and Success
- Online Readiness
|Academic Senate Report
|EDC Reporting Programs
- Terri and Dick Ryerson held discussion about an Online Learning Retreat.
- Dr. Feddersen would like an additional 450 online classes offered over the next
- Student trustee will begin attending EDC meetings in January.
- Spring 2001 Schedule
- Online readiness exercise