Comments / Outcome
- Kerry Stern welcomed guest, Mr. D. Finn of Diamond Bar High School Continuing
Education. Mr. Finn is interested in online instruction for his AP (Advanced
Placement) classes. The web site may be viewed at: www.walnutvalley.kiz.ca.us/dbhs
|New Member of EDC
- Margie High, Community Education, has been added to the Educational Delivery
Committee. She will be attending the expanded meetings on the 4th Thursday of the
|Online Student Survey Update
- Terri Beam and Carol Craig demonstrated the online student survey. A request
letter will be sent via email to instructors in the 11th week of the semester.
Results will be shared with online instructors and a report will be made to the
Academic Senate. There is a link for instructors to review the surveys and summary
report for each class.
- Mr. Finn will send the EDC a copy of the survey he conducts. It was
suggested that the instructors also be surveyed to determine how online teaching
works for them.
|Online Supported Classes
- Most divisions approve a maximum of two online courses per instructor. Discussion
followed on how to track instructor/student communication. Dwight Ayle and Kerry
will work on a definition of "online-supported" classes.
|OLSC Open House and Web Fair
- Open Haunted House will be Monday - Thursday,October 30 - November 2, from 1:00 -
4:00 p.m. Flyers have been sent out advertising, "Technical Tricks and
Treats." Topics include; making web pages, using the web as a teaching tool,
online research tips, web page design. Volunteers are still needed..
|Retention and Success Study
- Terri reported that Sheryl Hullings is working on modifying the retention formula.
- Online Learning Support Center posters are complete and look great.Mark
- Fernandez reported on ICCIS testing for pilot credit-card registration for
- League for Innovation will be held in Anaheim Nov. 15-18.