EDC Minutes for February 10, 2000, 9D-5, 11:00 – 12:30 p.m.
Comments / Outcome
- Terri Beam will be the new co-chair of the EDC replacing Bob Farris.
- Mission and vision statements were created for the Educational Delivery Committee.
- Mission: The Mt. San Antonio College Educational Delivery Committee is
dedicated to providing new opportunities for teaching and learning through
alternative modes of instruction and helping to evaluate the effectiveness of
the use of those modes.
- Vision: The Mt. San Antonio Educational Delivery Committee strives to
assume a leadership position in providing students with: Highest quality
instruction Equal access and flexible scheduling Expanded course offerings
Emphasis on student success State-of-the-art technology.
- The mission and vision statements for Distance Learning will remain the same.
- Bruce Williams and Kerry Stern will meet with negotiators on February 10. Bruce
will present contract issues pertaining to Distance Learning which include
intellectual property rights, assignments and use, class size, compensation,
visitation of web sites.
- Glenn Vice reviewed online course, BUSR 50, Real Estate Principles.
Course was approved.
- Two online courses will soon be ready for the review and approval process by the
- Suggestions were made for formatting changes in the class schedule to advertise
Distance Learning classes.
- Kerry is now a member of the Curriculum & Instruction Council.
- Dick Ryerson noted that there is still space available for Tech. Ed. Contact him
- Information Analysis Council (IAC) meets on the first Thursday of each month,
2:30-4:00 p.m. and wants to add two faculty members. Vic Zamora will volunteer to be
on the committee.