EDC Minutes for April 6, 2000, 9D-5, 11:00 – 12:30 p.m.
Comments / Outcome
- In a separate meeting on March 27, Anna Degtyareva reviewed online course,
Microcomputer Applications, COMP 16.
Course was approved.
- Only two EDC meetings remain for Spring Semester, April 27 and May 11.
- Web CT will be present at the May 11th meeting and will provide lunch.
- Forty-six Distance Learning classes will be offered for Fall.
- Kerry Stern will meet with Sharon Valentine, Joanne Greenspan, and Chris Magoni
regarding the scheduling of Distance Learning classes.
- For the program to grow, several issues need to be addressed:
- problems with ICCIS
- mandatory prerequisites
- not enough teachers
- need for support and flexibility from academic departments.
- Carol Craig and Terri Beam, with input from Barbara Mezaki and Ralph Jagodka,
revised the Online Course Student Survey. EDC offered suggestions for more
revisions. This will be a pilot study for surveying online students. Discussion
ensued on how the information will be dispersed and used. A letter will be sent via
email to online instructors to explain the survey.
- Kerry will purchase copies of the "Faculty Guide for Moving Teaching &
Learning to the Web" for EDC members.
- A suggestion was made to compile a catalog of sample web pages for online