The Mt SAC Interior Design Program's mission is to create an
interdisciplinary approach to fundamental design, space planning,
design analysis, materials selection and specifications relating to
residential and commercial spaces. Our goal is to provide
comprehensive curriculum with an emphasis on: design foundations,
graphic communication, research and observation, experiential
concept development, spatial development and the social aspects
The Mt SAC ID Program / Studio 20.9 provides a highly energetic and
imaginative comfort zone that is inspired by the process of design.
Students participating in the ID program consider Studio 20.9 a
second home, they are comfortable being themselves, and expressing
their opinions and points of view freely. The energy of
this environment supports the growth and development of outstanding
course work and award-winning projects. The design
community recognizes the great work coming out of Studio 20.9 and
seeks our students for transfer and hire. As students move
into the professional realm and the unfolding of their visions become
realized, they return home to Studio 20.9 in the areas of support
The Interior Design Program has estabished these as their current goals:
- Grow ID student population and improve student retention.
- Improve technology and resources in ID program to meet industry standards.
- Support growth and replace retired faculty - Funding Required.
- Keep abreast of trends in the industry for professional and personal development.
- Develop new curriculum based on Advisory Board and Accreditation recommendations.
- Support the Interior Design Club (IDC) student activities.
- Maintain industry partnerships, advisory board of industry professionals and accreditation - Funding Required.
- Seek out additional funding to develop, improve and expand the ID program.
Send questions or comments about this Web site to the
Interior Design Program's
Web Content Manager
Use of this Web server is subject to the Mt. San Antonio College