To prepare students for successful careers in the Paralegal
profession by providing them with quality training and skills.
The Paralegal Program has estabished these as their goals:
- To implement a paralegal education framework that provides
students with an adequate education in
general studies, a core paralegal curriculum,
and additional courses in specialty areas.
- To maintain a sound, but flexible educational
framework that is responsive to the dynamic
nature of the legal profession.
- To maintain a quality education program that stresses
practical application and development of
job skills as well as the teaching of legal
- To enhance the ability of students
to reason, understand, and apply correct
principles by teaching analytical and critical
skills as opposed to rote learning.
- To develop competency in paralegal students so graduates
are occupationally prepared to work in
the paralegal field in a variety of settings.
- To provide students with the opportunity to
participate in practical legal internship
settings in order to improve their understanding
and enhance their job abilities in the
- To maintain a program that instills proper respect for the legal
profession, its ethics, and its foundations.
- To promote professional responsibility by
teaching ethical legal principles and practice.
- To meet the needs of the student population
that is ethnically diverse, age variable,
and comes from a variety of backgrounds.
- To ensure that students have written and verbal
communication skills, as well as reading
skills, that will enable them to communicate
effectively with both attorneys and clients.
- To provide students with the technological
skills necessary to enter the paralegal
field without requiring additional technological
- To assist students in the employment process.