MAP: Mountie Academic Plan
Academic Planning Tool Will Help Student Success and Completion Rates
California's community college leadership has adopted a Student Success Initiative to improve and accelerate the completion rates of students enrolled in the state's 112 community college campuses. One of the initiative's key objectives is to ensure that all students have an educational plan, which serves as a roadmap to completing their academic programs.
In that regard, Mt. SAC has launched the new Mountie Academic Plan (MAP), an online program that enables students to track progress they've made toward completing their educational plan and achieving their career goals. Through MAP, students can now:
- View their educational plan as developed with a counselor;
- Track their CSU, UC, and Mt. SAC degree-applicable grade point average (GPA) and their overall GPA;
- View their progress in the CSU/UC transfer path;
- Run "what if" scenarios to see how close students are to completing other degrees and certificates to compare their options; and
- View their degree audit worksheet, which will detail their progress—course by course—towards their declared degree objective at Mt. SAC.
"Our students' success at Mt. SAC depends greatly on their meeting with a counselor to develop an educational goal and following a defined plan," says VP of Student Services Dr. Audrey Yamagata-Noji. "MAP provides excellent tools to help them progress and reach their goals. This is just another element toward our advancing the college's student success initiative."