Title IX Information
Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 provides that:
No person…shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance...
Examples of types of sex-based discrimination prohibited by Title IX include:
- Sexual harassment occurring in connection with any academic, athletic, extracurricular, or other District program, regardless of the location;
- Sexual violence/sexual assault;
- Discrimination against a student based on sex, including in grading, provision of research opportunities, access to classes and academic programs, or access to medical services;
- Discrimination against an applicant for admission or employment because of sex;
- Discrimination against an employee based on sex, including in pay or discipline;
- Failure to provide equitable opportunity for participation in intercollegiate sports; or
- Disproportionate awards of financial assistance.
Pursuant to Title IX and its regulations (34 C.F.R. Part 106), Mt. San Antonio College’s Title IX Coordinator is the designated official with primary responsibility for coordinating the District’s compliance with Title IX and other federal and state laws and regulations relating to sex-based discrimination.
The Title IX Coordinator:
- promotes the creation of policies, procedures and notifications designed to ensure District compliance with Title IX;
- is trained regarding sexual harassment, including sexual violence, and is familiar with the District’s grievance procedures;
- oversees implementation of complaint resolution procedures, including investigation and disposition of complaints, and identifies and addresses any problems identified through investigations;
- answers questions and provides guidance about Title IX compliance and the District’s related policies and procedures;
- is a liaison to the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights and other state and federal agencies that enforce Title IX;
- helps ensure the campus community and District employees with Title IX compliance responsibilities are adequately trained and educated; and
- monitors all other aspects of the District’s Title IX compliance.
Individuals can contact the Title IX Coordinator with questions or concerns, or to file a complaint, please complete the attached form. Mt SAC Unlawful Discrimination Complaint Form
Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources
1100 North Grand Avenue
Walnut, CA 91789