College Champions Award
The College Champion Awards honor individuals who have embraced the educational mission and progressive spirit of the college through exemplary commitment to our core values, campus pride, and community service. Nominations are open year-round and reviewed during the third week of May each year. These awards are from the college president, with assistance from the VOICES Committee. The awards will be presented at the Fall Opening meetings. To view the winners, click here.
Any Mt. San Antonio College employee, including part-time employees and adjunct faculty, may be nominated for a College Champion Award. Nominations should focus on contributions during the academic year prior to the nomination or a body of service over a length of time. No more than three awards will be given annually. Those employees who have received awards from other campus groups are eligible to be nominated for the College Champion Awards.
Categories of Awards
Eternal Flame Award – Recognizes an employee for dedication to one or more of our core values (Integrity, Diversity, Community Building, Student Focus, Lifelong Learning, and Positive Spirit). Examples include but are not limited to:
- Improving customer service significantly
- Demonstrating an exceptional ability to foster collaboration, communication, and cooperation among colleagues
- Performing at a level above and beyond normal job requirements
Burning Bright Award - Recognizes an employee for going “above and beyond” in his or her role. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Contributing to the improvement of the environment for students, faculty and staff
- Significantly contributing to an edifying program that showcases Mt. SAC in the Region, State, or Country
- Generating innovative ideas to greatly improve internal or external communication
Torch Bearer Award- Honors contributions by an employee that have positively impacted the college community (internally or externally). Examples include but are not limited to:
- Creating a program to facilitate teamwork across different constituencies (staff, faculty, students)
- Generating a new student scholarship award that considerably increases the amount of student aid
- Organizing a volunteer blood program to raise awareness to give blood
The VOICES Committee will collect applications and forward them to the president, who will then make his final selections.
Recognition of Award Winners
The award winners will receive a $500 dollar award included in paycheck, an invitation to enjoy breakfast with the president the morning of the Fall Opening meetings, a unique commemorative trophy, and recognition by the Board of Trustees. Award winners’ names will be featured on the VOICES website and marquee.
For questions about any of the recognition programs, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org