Senate Events Planning Committee
Purpose & Function
The Senate Planning Committee oversees the planning and execution of special faculty-related events.
The Function of the Committee is:
- To coordinate, in consultation with the President’s Office, the President’s Opening meeting in the fall.
- To plan and coordinate, in consultation with the President’s Office, the Faculty and Manager Recognition ceremony in the spring.
- To coordinate with Campus Events, Catering, Theatre and other relevant areas as needed.
- To select and award the Outstanding Faculty, Outstanding Retiree, Outstanding Classified, and Outstanding Manager.
- To propose other Faculty Excellence Awards.
- To plan and execute other faculty-related functions as appropriate.