Institutional Review Board (IRB) Committee
Per Mt. San Antonio College’s Administrative Procedures 3260, the Institutional Review Board (IRB) guides progress and the processes related to ongoing research on human subjects. Members have expertise on research ethics, federal regulations and standards related to research ethics and serve as a resource to the campus. The IRB protects our students and employees. The IRB is an Operational Committee that reports to the Vice President of Instruction. For information about Mt. SAC IRB policies and procedures, please click here.
- Review proposed research studies that involve the use of human subjects.
- Ensure that all research subjects are treated ethically.
- Ensure that all research subjects are provided with substantial information, consent, and debriefing, as necessary.
- Ensure that research subjects’ private information will be handled confidentially.
- Ensure that each research study complies with ethical standards.
- Ensure that approved research studies align with the College’s Mission Statement.
- Be an active resource to the campus regarding research ethics.
- Guide the research ethics progress and process for the College.
- Develop timelines and recommend policies and procedures for conducting human research projects at Mt. SAC.
- Coordinate training for faculty, staff, and management with regard to research ethics standards, policies, and procedures.