Purpose & Function
The Faculty Professional Development Committee (FPDC) serves as an operational committee of the Professional Development Council (PDC). The FPDC coordinates the professional development activities on campus that relate to faculty and acts as an operational committee to PDC for issues relating primarily to faculty.
The function of the FPDC is:
- To recommend to PDC professional development goals and objectives for faculty developed in alignment with College goals.
- To establish and maintain channels of communication amongst all campus programs dealing with faculty professional development.
- To provide guidance on matters related to the professional development of faculty.
- To provide a consolidated regular update on the plans and services provided by all campus programs dealing with the professional development of faculty.
- To advise the Academic Senate on matters relating to the professional development of faculty.