Budget Committee Purpose & Function
The Budget Committee is the primary governance body for developing, recommending and evaluating policies and procedures relating to planning and its link to all aspects of College finances.
The Function of the Budget Committee is:
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures relating to overall resource generation and allocation.
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures for budget development, and review the current budget process for effectiveness.
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures for allocating discretionary revenue.
- Evaluate effectiveness of policies and procedures relating to all aspects of College finances.
- Develop and recommend positions on statewide community college funding.
- Evaluate budget models using an ongoing and systematic cycle of evaluation, integrated planning, resource allocation, implementation, and re-evaluation (ACCJC Standard I.B.3).
- Reports to President's Advisory Council on the evaluation of budget models and informs the campus about institutional effectiveness efforts.