Scholarships: Fund the Dream of Education
The Mt. San Antonio College Foundation has raised and awarded hundreds of thousands of scholarship funds to deserving students since 1967. Scholarships are important to Mt. SAC students as they help offset costs for tuition, fees, living expenses, books, and supplies. For students with high financial need in particular, scholarships alleviate financial stressors that affect their success in school.
Establishing a new scholarship at Mt. SAC takes four easy steps:
Determine the level of support you wish to provide.
- Annual scholarships begin at $500 and are funded on a year-by year basis by the donor(s).
- Endowed scholarships support themselves in perpetuity. The initial gift is invested, and the scholarship awards are determined each year by the Foundation's Endowment Spending Policy. The minimum investment for an endowed scholarship is $10,000.
- Other scholarships may be awarded from a specific donation as specified by the donor(s).
Determine the focus of your scholarship.
- A representative of the Mt. SAC Scholarship Program will assist you in developing scholarship eligibility criteria* that reflects your intent for helping students. The scholarship may be named in honor or memory of an individual or organization of your choice.
- Criteria might include a specific course of study, academic standing, service involvement or financial need.
- Common criteria also include:
- Enrolled part/full-time
- First-generation college student
- Current or former foster youth
- Working part/full-time while attending school
Complete the Scholarship Agreement form.
- Completing the Scholarship Agreement form formalizes your commitment to the Mt. SAC Scholarship program. The form allows you, with the assistance of a Scholarship Program representative, to provide a description of your scholarship as well as information which will be used in the administration of your award funds.
- The form details the following:
- Level of support
- Scholarship eligibility criteria
- Selection instructions
- Disbursement details
Make your gift.
- Upon finalizing the details of your scholarship, gifts may be made via check payable to the “Mt. SAC Foundation.”
Add to an Existing Scholarship
Many friends and family have set up memorial scholarships for their loved ones. You can now give directly online to those scholarships or you can email us about setting up a new scholarship in memory of someone. Click here to go online and make a contribution to an existing scholarship.