Begin Monday February 23, 2015 (Spring semester 2015) we are starting accept the 61st Basic Fire Academy with a new selection process. Please read it carefully.
New Mt. SAC Basic Fire Academy Selection Process
I. All Basic Fire Academy returnees and applicants will be placed in one of the following tiers based on their qualification:
A. Tier 1:
* All the Academy returnees and applicants who have passed the prior Academy Agility Test within the previous 12 months.
* Completed Fire 1-5 and Fire 13 with passing grade of "C" or better.
* Successfully completed an EMT course.
* Successfully completed KINF 51 or 52.
* Turn in all necessary paperwork/documentation by the given deadline. (Application period for 61st Basic Fire Academy Tier 1 will begin Monday, February 23, 2015 at 8:30 am and end on Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 3:00 pm, 2015)
B. Tier 2:
* One or more of the necessary prerequisite course in progress.
* Turn in all necessary paperwork/documentation by the given deadline. (Application period for 61st Basic Fire Academy Tier 2 will begin Monday, March 16, 2015 at 8:30 am and end on Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 3:00 pm)
* Once the deadline has passed for Tier 2 submission, student will not be able to move from Tier 2 to Tier 1.
C. Tier 3:
* Prerequisite courses to complete during the Summer/Winter session and cannot provide the supporting paperwork/documentation.
* Turn in all necessary paperwork/documentation by the give deadline. (Application period for the 61st Basic Fire Academy Tier 3 will begin Monday, March 16, 2015 at 8:30 am and end on Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 3:00 pm).
II. All Tier 1 and Tier 2 applicants will be invited to take the Agility Test. Tier 3 applicants will only be invited if at the end of the application deadline the number of applicants is less than 40.
III. After the conclusion of the Agility Test , should there be more than 40 applicants. The applicant's registration date and time will be used as a standard to be placed in the academy. If any applicants have the same registration date and time, the applicant's agility time will be used as the tie breaker.
Attention all applicants: You will be placed in Tier 3 if any of your paperwork/documents are missing or incomplete at the time you turn in the application.