Code of Conduct
Mt. San Antonio College participates in the Direct Loan Program, and does not offer private loans or participate in private or alternative loan programs. The Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA) requires institutions of higher education participating in the administration of educational loan programs to develop and publish a Code of Conduct. Any Mt. SAC employee who has responsibilities with respect to student educational loans is required to comply with this Code of Conduct.
Our Code of Conduct prohibits us from:
- Entering into any revenue-sharing arrangement with any lender
- Receiving gifts from a lender, a guarantor, or a loan servicer
- Contracting arrangement providing financial benefit from any lender or affiliate of a lender
- Directing borrowers to particular lenders or refusing or delaying loan certifications from lenders
- Offering of funds for private loans
- Providing call center or financial aid office staffing assistance
- Accepting advisory board compensation
This Code of Conduct pertains to any alternative/private loans.