Board of Governors Fee Waiver Loss
Minimum requirements for maximum success.
How will I know?
You’ll be notified within 30 days of the end of each term if you are being placed on either Academic (GPA) and/or Progress (Course Completion) probation. Your notification will include the information that a second term of probation will result in loss of fee waiver eligibility. After the second consecutive term of probation, you may lose eligibility for the fee waiver at your next registration opportunity.
How to regain eligibility.
Improve your GPA or Course Completion measures to meet the academic and progress standards
- Successful appeal regarding extenuating circumstances
- Not attending your school district for two consecutive primary terms (fall/spring semesters, or fall/winter/spring quarters)
Verified accidents, illness or other circumstances beyond your control
- Changes in economic situation
- Evidence of inability to obtain essential support services
- Disability accommodations not received in a timely manner
- Special consideration factors for CalWORKs, EOPS, DSPS and Veteran students
Click here for BOGW Loss Appeal processing instructions.