JOBS HOME | MT. SAC HOME
Clerical Specialist 47.5%
December 11, 2012
47.5% time, 12 month term
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., and Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 4:00 P.M., TUESDAY, JANUARY 8, 2013
SALARY: Range A-69, Steps 1 - 6, $1,607 - $2,051 per month
HEALTH & WELFARE BENEFITS: The District participates in the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) and State Teachers’ Retirement System (STRS) retirement programs. Employees working less than fifty (50%) percent are not eligible for health and welfare benefits.
OVERVIEW: Performs a wide variety of clerical and administrative responsibilities within a department, operating within a framework of established procedures. Work is varied in nature, depending upon area served, and incumbent must use working knowledge of technical subject matter and functions of the office. May hire and supervise student workers. Is responsible for organizing and maintaining files and records, processing applications, forms and documents, processing requests from students, e.g., transcripts, mailing correspondence; scheduling and changing meetings and appointments, directing and scheduling work of student workers, ordering routine supplies and monitoring budget expenditures under direction. Other decisions, such as processing students with special circumstances or requests, ordering special office supplies and equipment, and questions regarding policy resolution, are referred to a higher authority.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Inputs data into computer mainframe e.g., class curriculum, schedules, student and faculty information; develops special statistical reports based on information.
• Types business correspondence, memos, forms, department minutes, agendas, etc.
• Answers questions and provides information to students, faculty, public, etc. regarding programs, school policies and procedures and regulations over telephone and in person; directs more complex inquires to appropriate department or individual.
• Maintains and organizes files and records.
• Schedules meetings and arranges appointments.
• Assign classrooms to faculty; reserves conference rooms for meetings.
• Assures timely distribution of reports, agendas, and minutes; collects, complies, and disseminates materials.
• Processes and distributes mail.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• District policies and procedures
• Standard office procedures and correspondence formats
• Various software applications e.g., Microsoft Office and WordPerfect
• Computer mainframe data entry
• Type 45 wpm
• 10-Key calculator
• Strong basic math skills
• Operate a variety of specialized office equipment (i.e., personal computers, copiers and fax machines)
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
• Utilize professional telephone skills
• Work independently
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent; A.A. degree may be preferred. 1 to 3 years directly related experience.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Employees may periodically be required to operate a vehicle that necessitates possession of a valid California driver's license. Such employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver's license.
Official offers of employment are made by the Mt. San Antonio College Office of Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been fingerprinted and clearance for employment is authorized by the Office of Human Resources. Costs for fingerprinting services shall be borne by the candidate.
EXAMINATION REQUIRED: A review of applicants’ experience and qualifications will be conducted. Based on that evaluation, only applicants that provided all required documents and met the minimum qualifications will be qualified to participate in the next step of the examination process. An Examination Notification will be emailed inviting qualified applicants to attend the Clerical Specialist examination scheduled on Monday, January 28, 2013, at 1:30 PM, in Building 28A, Room 103. Applicants who do not receive the Examination Notification email will not be allowed to participate in the examination process. During the exam, mobile phones must be turned off; calculators OK. You must present photo ID. Please park in parking lot F. Do not park in metered or handicapped spaces.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: A Mt. San Antonio College online application must be submitted and the process completed online at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu by no later than 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 8, 2013. A cover letter, résumé, and one letter of recommendation are required and must be submitted online. A 45 Net WPM typing certificate (5-minute timed test) is required and must be issued within one year of time of application from an accredited school or agency, excluding on-line agencies. Typing certificate must be attached to each application at time of submission. Applications received without the typing certificate will be considered incomplete and will NOT be considered further. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the closing date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied.
Assistance with the online application process is available through the Office of Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399 or call us at (909)274- 4225. All required information must be submitted online. PAPER APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED.
PLEASE NOTE: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link.
OPEN & PROMOTIONAL
This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
Clerical Specialist 47.5%
ACCOUNT CLERK III
PERFORMING ARTS SERVICES COORDINATOR
PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER
JOBS HOME | MT. SAC HOME