Hospitality & Restaurant Management
Welcome to the Hospitality & Restaurant Management program. You've just taken the first step towards exploring an exciting career in the world's largest industry. The hospitality industry generates more than $3.8 trillion per year, globally, and employs over 120 million people. It is the fastest growing industry in the world and is open to people of various talents and skill levels. In addition, a career in hospitality is one of the most fun careers in the business field.
In the past people worked their way up to management positions with very little or no academic background, this is no longer the case. The one aspect that is common in all areas of the hospitality industry today is the desire for educated managers.
To prepare students for successful careers in the hospitality industry by providing them with quality training and skills.
- To develop an understanding of the various sectors and characteristics of the hospitality industry, along with its economical and societal impacts.
- Utilize understanding of the subject matter to enhance career opportunities in the industry Connection to College Goal.
- Mini-Remodel of 19B5-3 and adjacent workrooms to:
- Facilitate a better use of space for too support program and student needs.
- Facilitate the construction of a Training Kitchen, a Commercial Kitchen, and Dining Room/Conference Room.
- Re-equip the above mentioned with necessary and state-of-the-art equipment and technology to accommodate industry needs, and to accomplish program/department goals, and college goals.
- To ensure that Hospitality students acquire current and highly marketable skills in the industry, upon completion of a degree or certificate program.
- Explore the possibility of developing a Culinary Academy hosted off-campus at a location sponsored by one of our business or secondary partners. This would allow us to teach culinary courses using commercial equipment and facilities comparable to the industry.