RIE Mission Statement
To increase Mt. SAC’s capacity for data-driven decision making by:
- Providing resources and research expertise to support the College to use collaborative inquiry.
- Improving effective information delivery systems and integrity.
- Training the College to use excellent research and evaluation practices.
- Providing comprehensive program and services evaluation based on key performance indicators.
The RIE Office will provide research expertise to support the college:
(1) To have data that meets its needs,
(2) To know data’s meaning, importance, and implications, and
(3) To use data to drive decision making
Last revised: January 30, 2015
Scope of RIE’s Work
There are many areas of foci for the RIE office including:
- Enrollment management
- Integrated planning
- Outcomes assessment
- Student equity
- Cross sectional and longitudinal cohort tracking
- Program and services evaluation including grants
- Basic skills
- Institutional Review Board