COLLEGE GOALS & STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
2012-13 College Goals Adopted
The Board of Trustees adopted the college’s 2012-13 goals, which were developed by the Institutional Effectiveness Committee and endorsed by the President’s Advisory Council. The goals are responsive to the dominant themes reported in the Planning for Institutional Effectiveness summaries and to the California Community Colleges System Strategic Plan, the Student Equity Plan goals, and the Basic Skills Initiative. Following are Mt. SAC’s 16 goals:
- The College will secure funding that supports exemplary programs and services.
- The College will prepare students for success through the development and support of exemplary programs and services.
- The College will improve career/vocational training opportunities to help students maintain professional currency and achieve individual goals.
- The College will improve the quality of its partnerships with business and industry, the community, and other educational institutions.
- The College will utilize and support appropriate technology to enhance educational programs and services.
- The College will provide opportunities for increased diversity and equity for all across campus.
- The College will increase access for students by strengthening recruitment and opportunities for full participation in College programs and services.
- The College will encourage and support participation in professional development to strengthen programs and services.
- The College will provide facilities and infrastructure that support exemplary programs and consider the health and safety of the campus community.
- The College will ensure that basic skills development is a major focus in its planning efforts.
- The College will improve effectiveness and consistency of dialogue between and among departments, committees, teams, and employee groups across the campus.
- The College will engage students in activities and programs designed to increase their term-to-term enrollment (i.e., persistence).
- The College will ensure that curricular. articulation, and counseling efforts are aligned to maximize students' successful university transfer.
- The College will utilize assessment data to guide planning, curriculum design, pedagogy. and/or decision-making at the department/unit and institutional levels.
- The College will utilize existing resources and improve business processes to maximize efficiency of existing resources and to maintain necessary services and programs.
- The College will ensure appropriate staffing to maintain necessary services and support critical functions to implement the College Mission.