Mt. SAC at a Glance
- Founded in 1946
- Among the largest of California's 112 community colleges
- Accredited by the Accredited Commission for Community & Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Governed by an elected, seven-member Board of Trustees (and one Student Trustee, elected annually by students)
- President & CEO: Dr. William T. Scroggins
- $149.8 million budget
To support students in achieving their educational goals in an environment of academic excellence.
- Approximately 2,124 total (full- and part-time faculty, classified, and management)
- More than 1,525 full- and part-time professors, many of whom have earned-doctorates and professional distinction
Semester system, comprising four terms: 16-week fall semester, 6-week winter intersession, 16-week spring semester, 6-week summer session.
$46/unit for California residents; $217/unit + $46/unit for nonresidents and international students. Additional fees for health services, parking, books and class materials, transcripts
Noncredit: Adult / continuing education / ESL classes offered free (state-funded). Varying fees charged for career / professional, certificate, recreational, and youth programs.
More than 200 academic and vocational programs, covering all undergraduate majors and unique and specialty programs, such as air traffic control, computer network security, fashion design, restaurant and hospitality management, personal trainer, and a variety of award-winning music and performing arts programs.
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Arts-Transfer
- Associate in Science
- Associate in Science-Transfer
- Bachelor of Arts in Aviation Management*
- Bachelor of Science in Fire Technology*
- Professional Certificates in more than 140 programs
* in partnership with Southern Illinois University
1100 N. Grand Ave., Walnut, California, located on a beautiful 420-acre campus in the eastern San Gabriel Valley, just 25 miles east of Los Angeles. Campus is undergoing a transformation with new buildings and facility upgrades/renovations to provide a campus environment that fosters innovative instruction and learning for the 21st Century.